CE or UKCA Marking

Join the Green Movement with Jackson Joinery

The letters ‘CE’ or ‘UKCA’ appear on many products

The letters ‘CE’ appear on many products that are traded on the single market in the European Economic Area. EEA. The letters ‘UKCA’ are the UK equivalent.

The CE marking is required for many products. It:

  • shows that we have checked that these products meet EU safety, health or environmental requirements

  • is an indicator of a product’s compliance with EU legislation

  • allows the free movement of products within the European market

The UKCA marking is the UK equivalent now that the UK has left the EU. Both CE and UKCA marking are accepted in the UK trading environment.

By placing the CE marking on a product we are declaring conformity with all of the legal requirements to achieve CE marking. We are thus ensuring validity for that product to be sold throughout the EEA. This also applies to products made in third countries which are sold in the EEA and Turkey.

Not all products must bear the CE marking. Only those product categories subject to specific directives that provide for the CE marking are required to be CE marked.

Download CE Declaration of Performance Documents directly from this page.